[Qgis-developer] Composer grid issue

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 11:55:49 EDT 2009

Hi Marco,

Excellent work with the grid composer. Things lined up in a new test I
ran, so it appears you have handled the offset issue.

For some reason, my old project now crashes if I try to open in qgis.
I suspect this might be from changes in the composer structure for qgs
files, but not certain.

The control over precision and the option for labels following
boundary direction are brilliant! Great work, as usual.

New issues from the other changes I have seen so far:

1) If there is no composer, the "Map Composer" menu item is empty.
Perhaps this should be a submenu under "File" rather than it's own menu?

2) If I try to close my composer window, I am confronted with a dialog
that says, "Do you really want to remove the composer instance,
'name'?" Canceling will keep the composer, but you have the window
occupying desktop space. If you say ok, the composer is gone for good.
My expectation would be to close the window, receive no dialog, but
have that composer available under the "Map Composer" menu item.
Perhaps this is a work in progress.

Also see https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2042

Cheers,
John