[Qgis-developer] Qgis directory or Qgis-dev?

Henri De Feraudy feraudyh at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 12:01:41 EDT 2009

Hi
 I installed qgis osgeo (version 1.0.2) and my installation created a directory at c:\osgeo4W
 Now I havent seen any explanation of the directory structure. Is this documented?
 I want to run the examples referred to here
https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/code_examples/
The find*.cmake files need to be adapted, concerning paths and some of the files they are supposed to be looking for have two occurences, for example
northarrowplugin.dll
(by the way the CMake file refers to libnortharrowplugin.dll, so it seems out of sync with the current state of filenames, but I'm a cmake newbie)

in any case there are subdirectories
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-dev
and
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis

the latter does not have an include subdirectory so I'm going to guess I should stick to qgis-dev

Am I going the right way?
Should I be doing all of this with a more recent version of QGis?
Thankyou
Henri