[Qgis-developer] qgis 1.3 and /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/qgis/

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 06:41:04 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I've just removed Qgis 1.2 from my system and installed 1.3 from the
Ubuntu (Intrepid) PPA. All seemed to go fine, but Qgis segfaults when
I try to launch it. Running strace reveals that it is failing to find
any files in:

/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/qgis/

A location that doesn't exist on my laptop. I had previous problems
with 1.2 as the apt-get process didn't install the python-qgis
package, but apt now tells me that I have the latest version installed
(1.3.0-1~jaunty6).

Any pointers would be gratefully received,

Thanks, Joseph