[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Remove Selection

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 23 09:17:31 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 12:09 +0200, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Hi!
> I've found quite a number of people interpreting
> "Remove selection" as actually deleting the selected
> records. Perhaps we could use a different
> terminology, just Un-select?

What about (brainstorming):

- Remove from selected/ selection
- Exclude from selected/ selection
- Reject from selection
- Subtract from selection

> Also, it would be useful having a keyboard shortcut
> for un-select all and the ability to un-select one given
> feature with
> the right-button of the mouse if the selection tool
> is activated. In this way the user could make a broad selection using a
> rule in
> the table and afterwards refine the selection by un-selecting
> interactively.

It reminds me a bit the GIMP. The user can set the behaviour of a tool
(to add, to remove, to create a new selection, etc.). It would be great
to have some handy tools like the ones used in Photo-Processing
software.

Nikos