[Qgis-developer] python-qwt

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Sep 24 14:52:15 EDT 2009

Hi Paolo,

On Thu, 24. Sep 2009 at 19:35:11 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Apparently the use of the above library is insecure for the future:
> Any chance of replacing it fro the plugins that use this library?
> All the best.

SIP is used to generate the python bindings.  So each and every plugin use SIP
bindings.  So it's not that easy to replace it at all - any probably
without changing the python interface.  SWIG might be any option.  That might
also open QGIS for other languages.

But I'd expect riverbank to change the license, because it's likely that
someone will fork sip otherwise.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden