[Qgis-developer] inaccuracy with NAD27 UTM zone 10 projection

Tara Athan taraathan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 15:45:11 EDT 2010

I have two layers I am trying to overlay. One is derived from the USGS
NED, downloaded from the website with no reprojection - it's in NAD27
UTM zone 10 (EPSG 26710). The other is a parcel layer that was
originally in state plane NAD83 California zone 2 (ft) (EPSG: 2226). I
used QGIS 1.4.0 to reproject the vector layer into EPSG 26710, but when
I display them together on a map there is an offset of the parcels about
150 m westward. I have checked the accuracy of the original data by
reprojecting the vector layer in another GIS (Idrisi) and in that case
there is no offset, the two layers match up well. So I have a workaround
for my immediate needs, but I thought you might like to know about this
issue.  Would anyone like to check to see if they can reproduce it, or
should I go ahead and file a bug report?

Tara

--
Tara Athan
Owner, Athan Ecological Reconciliation Services
tara_athan at alt2is.com
707-272-2115 (cell, preferred)
707-485-1198 (office)
249 W. Gobbi St. #A