[Qgis-developer] Symbology NG - rendering of selected symbols

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Sat Apr 3 14:40:16 EDT 2010

Hi

I'm wondering if we could improve the way that Qgis renders selected symbols.

Currently it seems that the rendering loop uses a standard renderer (defined in QgsVectorLayer::drawRendererV2Levels)  for this independent of the renderer used for the layer.  Where the actual renderer generates a very distinctive symbology (in my case an oriented arrow), selected symbols don't look anything like the orginal symbology, and don't carry any of the information of the original symbology.

I'm wanting to add the flexibility for the renderer to customise this.  I was thinking that perhaps the way to do this is to add a "renderSelectedFeature" virtual function to the QgsFeatureRendererV2 interface, and implement the default functions in the QgsFeatureRenderer (maybe by instantiating the standard renderer and passing the renderSelectedFeature onto its renderFeature function, and of course handling the start and stop render functions there too)

How does this sound as an approach?

Cheers
Chris

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.

Thank you.