[Qgis-developer] IMPORTANT NOTICE to all python plugin authors

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Apr 8 15:03:32 EDT 2010

On 04/07/2010 11:34 AM, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Dear Authors,
>
> Due to removed qt3 support all plugin actions MUST send
> a triggered() signal instead of the depreciated activated() one.
>
> Please update your plugins by renaming the catched signal.
> There is the list of affected plugins I can find below.
> For more details, see http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1743
>
> metaedit/metaeditTool.py:        QObject.connect(self.comboBoxFileLayer,SIGNAL("activated(int)"),self.layer_selected)
> metaedit/metaedit.py:        QObject.connect(self.action, SIGNAL("activated()"), self.run)

Updating right now, after I remind myself how. A question that's been
bugging me for a while on pyqgis.org in the little form (which I assume
generates the xml description file) how do you set a plugin to
experimental. I had hoped I would have more time to make my plugin do
more (it still only has read capability) but realize that may not happen
anytime soon, so experimental flag might be a good idea to not mislead
people.

Thanks,
Alex