[Qgis-developer] manual wrong?

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sat Apr 24 11:37:26 EDT 2010

Hi Paolo,

thanks a lot for your help. See changes below.

Am Sat, 24 Apr 2010 09:18:09 +0200
schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> Hi all.
> What is te best way to correct this?
>
> Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> > I guess this is wrong in the manual (page 41, AKA 58):
> >
> > Your customized settings for QGIS are stored based on the operating
> > system. , the settings are stored in your home directory in .qt/qgisrc.

changed for linux to .qgis/

> More issues:
> page 43 (59), a non sequitur:
> When dealing with views, QGIS parses the view definition and
> (phrase interrupted)

this was already a %FIXME, I commented that sentence for now, don't know who
wrote this section.

> barchart diagramm >  barchart diagram

fixed

> page 63 (69)
> QGIS supports basic capabilities for editing vector geometries. Before
> reading any further you should
> note that at this stage editing support is still preliminary. Before
> performing any edits, always make a
> backup of the dataset you are about to edit.
>
> this is no longer true, and shuld be modified.

changed into:

QGIS supports various capabilities for editing OGR, PostGIS and Spatialite
vector layers. Note - the procedure for editing GRASS layers is different -
see Section \ref{grass_digitising} for details.

> repetition at page 21:
> • Added ’newgis’ theme which is a revision by Anita Graser of the original
> GIS theme by Robert
>   Szczepanek
> • Added ’newgis’ icon theme, a revision of the original ’gis’ theme

done

> As you can see this is quite easy to set custom transparency, but it can
> be quite a lot of work. Therefor
> > Therefore

fixed

> Alternativly> Alternatively

fixed

> page 98 (114)Is this still true?
>
> Remember this plugin works best with UMN MapServer WFS servers. It still
> could be, that you might
> experience random behavior and crashes. You can look forward to
> improvements in a future version
> of the plugin.

I don't know, do other have an idea if this is still true?

> oage 99 (115)
> not been many test against over WFS versions
> remove "over"

fixed

> accidentily>??

removed this :)

> page 159 (175)
> Examples of the different approaches are listed in Table
> ??.
> should read "8"

it is correctly configured in latex, don't know why it didn't work.

> page 201 (217), top
> Point creation,
> comma should be removed

fixed