[Qgis-developer] qtsql and python: load_extension not working

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Apr 26 08:31:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am in the process of converting a Postgis/QGIS application into a
spatialite/QGIS in order to allow easier deployment for laptops without
the need to install Postgis.

So far I am very pleased. Performance is very good. Now I need to port a
QGIS-Plugin from Postgis to SpatiaLite but when I try "SELECT
load_extension('libspatialite-2.dll');" I get "no such function: load
extension"

I am on WindowsXP with a rather recent OSGeo4W installation from last
week. sqlite is on version 3.5.9 and qt is version 4.5.2.

So could it be that OSGeo4W distributes sqlite with load extensions
disallowed? see
http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite/spatialite-arch-2.3.1.html#trap - for a
discussion. If yes - could this be changed? If no - what else could I do
to enable spatialite in my QGIS plugin to work ok with QtSQL?

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann