[Qgis-developer] organizing plugins

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Wed Apr 28 10:25:26 EDT 2010

Dnia środa, 28 kwietnia 2010 o 14:33:45 Barry Rowlingson napisał(a):
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>
wrote:
> > Also, the plugin descriptions could often be more meaningful/complete.
> >
> > I think for an upcoming version (1.6 or 2.0) one should consider
> > integrating some of the more popular plugins into the core, or delivering
> > them by default, like we did with fTools.
>
>  I'd like to see a user-centric design of the plugin menu, so that
> users can arrange them as they like. I'd have a 'Frequently Used
> Plugins' section myself, for stuff I use regularly, but I'd want to
> keep everything somewhere so I can browse. Is there a nice Qt widget
> that allows menu customisation by drag n drop?
>
>  Ideally it wouldn't even be a menu, but some kind of keyword-based
> interface with something like a tag cloud... But that's just some
> wooly blue-sky thinking I haven't thought through yet...

This is a great idea. For each plugin we can set a main category for menu
placement + a number of tags. In the next step we can make the gui
customizable for users. As well menus and toolbars as a dockable toolboxes.
I don't know about user customizable menus, but at least we can enable user
customizable toolbars.

So first I'll prepare a list of plugins, so we can see what we've got.