[Qgis-developer] Qgs Canvas API

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 07:12:38 EDT 2010

Hi Dario

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Dario Magri <dario.magri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> my name is Dario and I'm a qgs developer novice.
> I want create a new qt application that show me a map.
> I have some questions:
> 1) Which type of installation I must doing if I want to be able to use Qgs
> API? Current version? Trunk Builds? Source code and than compile it?

If you're going to use Python, things are simple. You can use QGIS
from standalone installer or from OSGeo4W. When using C++ I think you
will have to compile QGIS from source to have the access to the
libraries and headers.

A preferred way is to use current version (1.5 as of now). Trunk
builds are for users who like to test new features.

> 2) Can I developing my application on Windows 7 64 bit architecture?

I think there shouldn't be a problem.

Regards
Martin