AW: [Qgis-developer] Qt Signal Error on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Aug 6 11:28:09 EDT 2010

I'm having the same error on Leopard.  That sortof rules out a Python version issue (2.5 on Leopard, and 2.6 on Snow).  Maybe it's something with the Mac build of Qt, nothing I can do about that.  I can't think of anything else on the build side.

I did notice that after the error, and cancelling the initial easyprint dialog, the composer window stays open, behind the main Qgis window.  I didn't try anything in there to see if it was actually working.

On Aug 6, 2010, at 12:38 AM, Ziegler Stefan wrote:

> Hi William
>
> I can't remember which version I downloaded. I used some dev builds few months ago and now downloaded 1.5, so both are possible. Have to check this.
>
> You can find the plugin here:
>
> http://www.catais.org/qgis/plugins.xml
>
> It runs on trunk and on revision 13851 (on Linux).
>
> regards
> Stefan
>

> On Aug 4, 2010, at 12:35 AM, Ziegler Stefan wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I could need some help from the Mac OS X fraction. While trying to open a new composer window I get this error:
>>
>> Fehler bei der Ausführung von Python-Code:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/Users/stefan/.qgis/python/plugins/easyprint/easyprint.py",
>> line 351, in createMap
>>   composition = composerView.composition()
>> TypeError: type 'const QgsComposerItem*' is not supported as a native
>> Qt signal type
>>

>> The suspicous code looks like this:
>>
>>       beforeList = self.iface.activeComposers()
>>       self.iface.actionPrintComposer().trigger()
>>       afterList = self.iface.activeComposers()
>>
>>       diffList = []
>>       for item in afterList:
>>           if not item in  beforeList:
>>               diffList.append(item)
>>
>>       composerView = diffList[0]
>>       composition = composerView.composition()
>>       composition.setPaperSize(float(paperwidth),  float(paperheight))
>>

>> I'm using the 1.5 build from KyngChaos on Snow Leopard. It works on Linux. Thanks for any hints.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.