[Qgis-developer] Raster tools (GDAL plugin) some annoyances

Benoit de Cabissole benoit at exigesa.com
Thu Aug 12 08:40:19 EDT 2010

Hi GDAL plugin developers,

The 'new' translate dialog box refers.

1) I want to setup the No data value to 99999 but the textbox only allows me
to enter 2 digits, after that I have to click on the up arrow for a looooong
time to get to 99999! Is that restriction on purpose, is it a Qt limitation?

2) Also, in the same dialog, I want to convert a TIFF (GTiff) to an ASCII
grid (AAIGrid) so, in the Output file Select dialog I choose a type of
"[GDAL] Arc *.Info ASCII Grid (*.asc *.ASC)" and give a name "test.asc" but
the script info box (bottom textbox) shows "-of GTiff" and although the
extension of the output file is .asc it creates a tiff file when run! Is it
on purpose?
What I'm doing in copying the script to a DOS window, change GTiff to
AAIGrid and run the script, it works flawlessly but it is a pain. Could you
consider allowing editing the text in the script info box and run this
edited script?

I'm running OSGeo4W QGIS 1.6.R14026 on windows XP SP3.

Cheers,
Benoit