[Qgis-developer] advanced selection tools (r14071)

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Aug 13 10:39:49 EDT 2010

> The advanced selection tools are really great!

yes - they are cool

> Just two suggestions: wouldn't it be more intuitive to select all the
> intersecting features if no key is pressed and select only the contained
> features if key modifier pressed? Currently, it is the other way round, so
> it
> might confuse users who are already familiar with QGIS.

I agree - I am personally used the other way round as default - means that
all objects that intersect are selected.

> Also, the alt-key is quite hard to use (at least on kde), because it moves
> the
> whole window if it is pressed before the mouse drag.

same in Gnome. The alt-key moves a window.

Maybe there could be a toggle button  - one state for intersection, the
other state for fully included selection mode.

All in all I am a little concerned that the selection tools take up too
much screen space - which brings us back to the discussion - why don't we
introduce drop-down buttons for selection mode?

Just my two cents - thanks for the great addition!

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/