[Qgis-developer] Compiling plugins for use with standalone QGIS 1.5.0 package

Dave.DeHaan at sybase.com Dave.DeHaan at sybase.com
Mon Aug 16 23:12:42 EDT 2010

Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote on 08/16/2010 05:31:56
PM:

> Do you plan to contribute your plugin?

Yes.

In the short term we could distribute a Windows binary + source ourselves,
but in the long term we'd definitely prefer to contribute it and have it
bundled with the main application.  I expect I should be cleared to release
the code within a few weeks, so hopefully it can make it into the 1.6.0
release (if not earlier---will there be a 1.5.1 or a refresh release of
1.5.0?).

I can contribute all sources required to compile and load the plugin and
data provider.  In order to establish a database connection, however, the
SQL Anywhere client library needs to be installed; otherwise the plugin
simply displays an appropriate error message and exits.  Because the client
libraries are proprietary (available for download with the database engine
on a limited-term evaluation license), I clearly can't contribute that
part.

Although I can't commit to contributing much to the project beyond the SA
plugin/provider, I can take responsibility for maintaining the contributed
code if I am granted the appropriate permissions.

Dave

--
David DeHaan
SQL Anywhere Research and Development