[Qgis-developer] advanced selection tools (r14071)

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Wed Aug 18 00:36:12 EDT 2010

Hi Andreas,

Sorry about the late reply. Sounds like a good plan all round.

Looks like http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/changeset/14101 has dealt with the toolbar menu issues - Thanks Jurgen!

I have submitted a patch to the http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2938 which allows the user to define the default way for selecting features. As a minimum users with the KDE and Gnome windowing systems can switch the behaviour in the global options.

In terms of the option for the user definable alternative select key, I think having an option for this is a hard to implement cleanly. Mainly because there are no more modifier keys left as the Shift and Ctrl keys are already in use. We could start allowing any keyboard shortcut, but that could get messy with the user definable short-cut actions already in place. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jeremy