[Qgis-developer] QGIS build with GDAL 1.7.x - Ubuntu

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 00:51:29 EDT 2010

>> Here's the steps.
>>
>> 1. Open shapefile
>> 2. Save it as spatialite i.e. Sqlite
>>
> Maybe did you use "Save as..."?

No. I clicked the vector layer and save sqlite.

I have been this testing for 2 weeks now, trying to find the right
version of QGIS in Windows, Mac OS X and Linux with Spatialite.

My laptop now is triple boot (Window 7, Mac OS X and Ubuntu) to find a solution.

> If you did, the .sqlite you created is not a valid spatialite database
> (non-spatial table inside it) but only a sqlite vector file.

> To open it use "Add vector layer".

I tried to do this "Add vector layer" with spatialite a week ago in
Windows 7 and Windows XP. The funny thing is QGIS tries to open it as
well and display tables to open. It should say not a valid file.

Anyway, I have been doing the same steps / processes in QGIS in
Windows and Mac OS X.  Both built can open spatialite it created. QGIS
windows has still problem with the latest spatialite 2.4.0.  But at
least it open spatialite database it created i.e. saving the vector
file into sqlite.

One of the main features of QGIS 1.5 release is how easy to save
vector files to spatialite and open it.

Building QGIS with GDAL1.7.3 would fix this problem as William did in
QGIS Mac OS X.

It seems that QGIS trunk builds is still building using GDAL 1.6 as of
27 August 2010.

Noli