[Qgis-developer] QGIS build with GDAL 1.7.x - Ubuntu

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 06:06:31 EDT 2010

Hi Juergen and Alex

I solve the problem in New/Add Spatialite Layer.

The spatialite CLI 2.4.0r3a is actually intervening the QGIS
SpatiaLite provider (New
SpatiaLite Layer/Add SpatiaLite Layer.

I thought QGIS uses libspatialite and Spatialite binary does not
interact with QGIS.

I make unistalled Spatialite 2.4.0r3a and QGIS 1.5.0.2 works. This is
what happening to me in Windows as well. In Mac OS X, I don't install
the CLI spatialite, hence it is working properly.

Thanks for your patient on dealing this problem.

Now, we know why QGIS is not working when someone has been working
with spatialite CLI before installing QGIS.

Thanks.

Noli