[Qgis-developer] Some questions about labelling

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Dec 2 04:16:15 EST 2010

> I missed the Layers > Labelling menu item. I was looking in the layer
> property gui.
>
> I am really impressed by the evolution of Qgis for 2 years. It is becoming
> powerfull without beeing too complex.

yes - it is getting better all the time ;-)

There is one option that suprresses a label, once the linestring gets too
small when zooming out. You can specify this in "mm", so labels get
displayed when you zoom in, but get suppressed when you zoom out, because
the line is too short then for label display.

This can be set in the "Advanced tab" of the label settings with the text
field "Suppress labing of features smaller than ..."

Another advanced feature you can see there is the automatic placement of
direction arrows within the label, using < > signs. We use this for
labeling the direction of our waste water pipes. They are always digitized
downstream, so we can do automatic direction arrows within the text label.

> About the wrapping option, should I write a trac ticket ?

yes, would be useful.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann