[Qgis-developer] Qgis Mapserver test and demo

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 10:25:16 EST 2010

Hi List,

At 3liz, we sometimes use Mapserver to provide a WMS service for some
application developped for our customers. It globally fits our needs, but
sometimes configuration of dozens layers can be time consumming, depending
on symbology, scale visibilty, etc.

Since we use Qgis as our desktop GIS software, we were very interested in
Qgis Mapserver, and wanted to give it a try.

You can find what we have done here :
http://3liz.org/blog/rldhont/index.php/2010/12/03/355-qgis-mapserver-an-wysiwyg-open-source-wms-server
We hope this little demo will help to spread the word.

Thanks very much to all the devs who made the existence of Qgis Mapserver
possible.

Kimaidou