[Qgis-developer] Memory data provider persistence

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 12:07:36 EST 2010

Hi Chris

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Chris Crook <ccrook at linz.govt.nz> wrote:
> Another way to achieve a similar result could be to embed the project file in the spatialite database?  That would make the memory provider data easier to use - basically it just becomes a spatialite provided layer.  The project itself becomes harder to manually edit, if you wanted to do so.  However it could easily be exported to a separate file if that is required.  And the whole thing could still be zipped if you wanted to.

This would be also a solution, though I would prefer the former
approach with a ZIP file containing the project XML and other files.
The advantages I see here is that it would be simpler to store various
other types of data - with the project we could store also raster
layers, SVGs for symbols or any other blobs. Loading and saving these
data from/to sqlite database would be a bit cumbersome compared to an
archive.

Regards
Martin