[Qgis-developer] OpenLayers plugin and Print Composer

Aaron Kreider aaron at campusactivism.org
Thu Dec 16 17:09:31 EST 2010

I'm trying to print a layer of points (kml) on an Open Street Map.  I'm
hoping to get the highest resolution possible - so I can print them out
at 600 dpi. I think I can do this by creating an image that is around
4800 by 6000 pixels.

QGIS 1.6

I use the OpenLayers plugin to get the OpenStreetMap layer.

I add the kml data.  I zoom in a couple times (to the state of
Pennsylvania).

It looks fine in QGis.  Now when I try to print it using "Print
Composer", I select "add a map" and create a box for the map.  The map
shows up fine.  But when I try to export it to an image (or pdf) it
shows my kml markers on a *completely different* open street map
background.  It looks like it zoomed in 3-5 times on openstreet (and
changed the center point), but the kml layer keeps its original projection.

Is there any way I could get around this bug?

It looks like there is an OpenLayers bug.  Is someone working on it?

Another person had the same problem:
http://forum.qgis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7674&p=16449#p16449

There is a ticket, but it looks like nobody is working on it:
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3195

Aaron

--
Energy Justice Communities Map Developer - http://www.energyjustice.net/map