[Qgis-developer] Hackfest spring 2011: proposed location and date

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 06:39:54 EST 2010

Hi all,

a few weeks ago, just before/during the last hackfest in Wroclaw, I
proposed (in the qgis community mailing list[0] and during irc chats in
the #qgis channel) to hold the next developer meeting in Portugal.

A few of you devs already answered in positive way, but I would like now
to make here the "official" proposal and eventually start putting
together the event.

The proposed location would be Lisbon, that has an international airport
served also by low cost companies, and the proposed dates are between
the 7/8 to the 11th of April.

The idea would be also to organize a QGIS user meeting the day before
the HF begins, so the eventually already arrived developers would be
able to promote QGIS among the users: we plan also to invite public
administrations and companies we know have an interest in QGIS.

At that time the weather in south Portugal is usually already with
temperatures above the 20 degrees and the prices still quite popular
even considering is a capital: 40/50 euros for a double room, as low as
8/10 euros for a complete meal, 0,55 euros for a espresso, 1 euro for a
beer...

So... now it is up to you. Let us know what do you think.

Cheers

-- Giovanni & Vania & Paolo --

[0]
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-community-team/2010-November/001396.html