[Qgis-developer] Um - nice “review” of QGIS

Gary Sherman gsherman at geoapt.com
Mon Dec 27 20:08:44 EST 2010

On 12/27/10 3:07 PM, Noli Sicad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have seen this blog by PerryGeo?
>
> http://www.perrygeo.net/wordpress/?p=151
>
> Please note about the Author note (below) - RJ Zimmer at American
> Surveyor magazine in “Something for Nothing”
>
> All the QGIS features are in question mark (?).
>
> "Author’s Note: The Quantum GIS information listed on the comparison
> matrix is based on the help files and literature provided by the
> Quantum GIS developer group, none of which I tested".
>
> RJ Zimmer at American Surveyor magazine is dummkopf.

This was discussed on IRC in the last week or so...

> I think we need to correct this comparison chart. We can probably
> develop our own Qgis features chart without the comparison and include
> it in the Qgis brochure.

This is a good idea. We should create a features chart listing all those
in the article and many of our own. This would give a good at-a-glance
view of what QGIS can provide.

> Probably someone should write the Editor of the magazine to correct
> this baseless review of the QGIS.

A number of people wrote to the editor---I don't think any further
emails are necessary.

-gary

> Tim, probably you can write a blog on this to correct this thing.
>
> Noli

Gary Sherman
Chair, QGIS Project Steering Committee
-Desktop GIS Book: