[Qgis-developer] Python CSV Plugin

jude mwenda judemwenda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 02:11:09 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have been building a plugin and reached a dead end. I am parsing the csv
resource into a variable. but according to the qgis documentation, the
resource has to be a file. Can it be a variable. the code section that has
this issue is
    results = ft_client.query(SQL().select(371443,None,None))

    uri = results."?delimiter=%s&xField=%s&yField=%s" % (",", "Address",
"LONGITUDE")
    vlayer = QgsVectorLayer(uri, "layer_name_you_like", "delimitedtext")
there is something very wrong with the uri section of the code. the docs
just use file paths, what of a variable as is my case? How would i go about

Jude Mwenda
Skype id: jmwenda
Twitter: www.twitter.com/judemwenda

"Was ist mein Leben, wenn ich nicht mehr nützlich für andere."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe