[Qgis-developer] Re-Debugging Qgis and its Plugins

John Donovan mersey.viking at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 09:12:05 EST 2010

On 30 December 2010 13:51, sunilrajkiran pichaimani
<sunilrajkiran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       I am trying to debug QGIS in QtCreator - IDE and the platform i am
> working is Ubuntu Maverick(10.10), I followed the steps as below
>
> Using QtCreator with QGis is easy. To open QGis in it you should do:
>

>   3. Run cmake in CMake Wizard. You can run it after adding project for
>   this you should navigate to cmake build directory it is qtcreator-build in
>   project root and run ccmake .. like usually);

Step 3a: When you run ccmake, look for the setting CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE,
which should be the third one down or thereabouts. Select it, and type
Debug as the build type. Then press c for configure and g for
generate. Head back to QtCreator and build the project and you should
see, amongst other things, a -g in the compiler command line which
indicates debug symbols are being generated.

-JD

--
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
making exciting discoveries. - AA Milne