[Qgis-developer] freehand plugin errors

Pavol Kapusta pavol.kapusta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 10:18:08 EST 2010

Hi Giovanni,
>> 1.) sorry, but you should read that page carefully (and please look at
>> the pictures, too). You should not use other tolerance value except
>> zero, while are you digitizing layers, which are projected in lat/lon
>> CRSs.
>
> sorry, I missed it. Maybe it would be better to simply lock the spinner
> to "0" when the project is in lat/lon?
>
> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --

This behavior is related with layer properties, not project properties.
I was little searching in API and found only one promising function:
geographicFlag() in QgsCoordinateReferenceSystem class, and is really
far beyond my imagination, how to connect this with QgsMapLayer. At
least i added "Use preferentially with layers projected in rectangular
CRSs" to plugin description.

Single click issue is (hopefully) fixed in newly uploaded version
(0.2.1) of plugin.

I was little bit testing my plugin and would like to please dev of
avoidIntersections function of QgsGeometry class, if he could have a
look at behavior of this function in combination with my plugin. I am
attaching two pictures describing this situation: you have two polygons
created with Freehand editing plugin with avoid intersection function on
- everything went OK, but when you want to add another one (with avoid
intersection function on), newly added polygon is in 50% of cases corrupted.

Thanks to Giovanni for testing

Regards
Pavol

Obrazovka1Obrazovka2