[Qgis-developer] Run time Error

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 05:00:49 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Arpita Singh <singarpita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have build a Python Application noe I want to create exe and installation
> file , and I am successfull in doing this, but as soon as I uninstall
> Quantum Gis it starts giving error.. It create a error:
> The application has failed to start because libgeos_c-1.dll was not found.
> Re-Installing the application may fix the problem.

QGIS libraries have also some dependencies: namely GEOS, GDAL, Proj,
Sqlite3 and Qt4. If you intend to distribute your application without
QGIS installation, make sure to include all the necessary DLLs in your
package. You can use dependency walker [1] tool to find out what DLL
files are missing.

[1] http://dependencywalker.com/

Martin