[Qgis-developer] Openlayers plugin issue

Mathias Walker mwa at sourcepole.ch
Thu Feb 18 04:20:56 EST 2010

Hi John

> I was testing the new openlayers pre-release plugin. One issue I have is a
>  scaling mismatch with my vector layers and the openlayers rendered output.
>  I have a county layer in utm zone 11 (epsg 26911) that is not lining up
>  with the openlayers map. I tried physical and roads layers from Google
>  Maps. I did select the 100006 CRS and enabled OTF transformations for
>  vector layers.

I tested your vector data both as shapefile and from postgis and the borders
lined up nicely with Google Maps on my QGIS build.

The custom SRS should have the following Proj4 config:
+proj=merc +lon_0=0 +lat_ts=0 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +units=m
+no_defs

Usage note: The data is only aligned for integer values on the zoom level
slider.

Could you send me a screenshot of your QGIS map?

>  I don't know if the plugin
>  will support rendering for map composer output, but a quick test did not
>  render the openmap layer to either pdf or a png image output file. The
>  openmap layer did render in the composer itself when I refreshed the
>  cache.

The map composer is not supported at the moment. There are still a lot of open
questions regarding fixed zoom levels combined with resolution scaling and user
defined viewports.

Best regards
Mathias Walker
Elestastr. 18   7310 Bad Ragaz  Switzerland
Tel: 081 330 77 11       Fax: 081 330 77 12
mwa at sourcepole.ch  http://www.sourcepole.ch