[Qgis-developer] Qgis plugin and MySql support

silvio.pioli at tin.it silvio.pioli at tin.it
Thu Feb 18 10:04:03 EST 2010

 Hello everybody,
I'm trying to develop a plugin, written in C++ language, that, amongst other things, should connect with a Database to retrieve non-spatial data from it.
I'm using Qt libraries and the Database is MySql. The problem is that I get just 4 drivers types available:

 QPSQL7 (PostgreSQL Driver)
 QPSQL
 QODBC3 (ODBC Driver (includes Microsoft SQL Server))
 QODBC

It seems MySql driver is not available.
Doing the same thing in a new Project outside Qgis context, I get this drivers available:

 QSQLITE
 QMYSQL3
 QMYSQL
 QODBC3
 QODBC
 QPSQL7
 QPSQL (MySql Driver)

Does it means that Qgis does'n support MySql Db? There are, between Qgis Api, other classes to manage Db connection and Sql Query?
I found QgsDataSourceURI but it seems works only with PostgreSql.