[Qgis-developer] Interest announcement for QGIS meeting

Gary Sherman gsherman at mrcc.com
Sun Feb 28 13:14:18 EST 2010

[Forgive the cross-posting]

As you may know, the QGIS project has had several developer meetings
thus far, with one coming up in March[1].

The purpose of this email is to gauge interest in a meeting of
developers (Python and C++), users, and all other interested parties
to take place in June or July. In order to facilitate organization and
planning, I would like to hold the meeting in Anchorage, Alaska.

Agenda items for the meeting might include:
 * Presentation of projects using or leveraging QGIS
 * New things you are working on
 * Roadmap discussion for version 1.9/2.0
 * Hacking on core or plugins
 * Training

The meeting would be held for two or three days mid-week.

I realize that Alaska is far away for most/many of you, however unique
opportunities are available to combine the meeting with some excellent
tourist activities.

If you are interested in such a meeting please let me know (privately
or to the list). If sufficient interest is expressed we will look into
finding sponsors and begin working on details for a time and venue.

Thanks,

-gary

[1] http://qgis.org/en/developer-meetings.html

Gary Sherman