[Qgis-developer] Renderer for vector field data

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Thu Jan 7 20:11:55 EST 2010

I'm wanting a renderer for vector field data.  In my case this is earth deformation data - surface displacements - but it could as easily be hydrological flow, or other such data.

Ideally this will display an arrow of length and orientation based on data values (x,y or length,orientation) at points, but with some independent overall scaling to allow all the vectors in a layer to be rescaled without recalculating the data.  To be perfect (!) it would also take account of the projection convergence when using on the fly projections (though I could live without that, at least initially!)

Do you know of a plug-in that does that?

If not, is it possible to build a renderer like this with a python plug-in?

And if it is possible, can you point me to any examples of a python renderer plug in that I could build from (I haven't programmed python or the Qgis/Qt API before, so examples would be really helpful!!)

Thanks
Chris

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.

Thank you.