[Qgis-developer] Re: Compile failure in trunk - symbology-ng python bindings

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Jan 16 14:33:45 EST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Gary Sherman wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 8:30 AM, John C. Tull <john.tull at wildnevada.org> wrote:
>> Hi All,

>>> Updated minimal SIP version in installation guide to 4.8 (which might
>>> work too). Works with 4.9 here.
>>
>> I tried the newest sip 4.10 and PyQt 4.7 last night. PyQt 4.7 seemed to be disliked by cmake, which dropped python support.
>> Perhaps someone else is willing to see if this new combo works for them?
>
> It works on Ubuntu. I can't get QGIS to compile on my mac using cmake
> or xcode since I upgraded to Snow Leopard...

Note that the minimum SIP/PyQt version is affected by the Qt version used.  ie to use the new Qt 4.6 (fuly) you need at least SIP 4.10 and PyQt 4.7.

Gary - what compile problems are you having on Snow?  I'm using Qt 4.5 Carbon right now, but the Xcode project should work with 4.6 (John's tested that a bit).  I haven't tried Qt Cocoa yet, but will start soon now that Qgis 1.4 is out.  I don't use the cmake build any more, except to occassionally test that it works.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy