[Qgis-developer] QGis crash, spatialite, OSX

Henning Lorenz henning.lorenz at geo.uu.se
Tue Jan 19 03:42:41 EST 2010

OSX 10.6.2, spatialite 2.3.1, GEOS 3.2.0

Hi!

I have a couple of vectorlayers from a spatialite database - point, linestring and multipolygon. The following happens:
QGis 1.3: QGis crashes when open attribute table or "Identify Features" is applied on any spatialite layer with more than one column in the attribute table.
QGis 1.4: QGis crashes when "Identfify Features" is applied on a multipolygon layer, here with more than one column in the attribute table. On point layers with more than one column in the attribute table "Identify Features" works sometimes, otherwise QGis crashes. In difference to QGis 1.3 "Open attribute table" works always. I have not recognised any other problems when working with these layers (e.g. symbology, labels).
No observations on current trunk (can't get it to build without errors).

Starting QGis 1.4 from the terminal the error message points towards a problem with GEOS:
"GEOS: IllegalArgumentException: Points of LinearRing do not form a closed linestring
Bus error"

However, in the editor I can verify that the polygon is closed. (The editor function "capture polygon" results also in a crash the same error message as the above")

Has anybody observed a similar problem?

Cheers,

Henning