[Qgis-developer] tabbed monitors

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Sat Jan 23 17:07:11 EST 2010

On Jan 23, 2010, at 1:47 PM, Germán Carrillo wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> The approach of the maps connected is indeed close to the Mirror map
> plugin from Aaron Racicot [1]. Maybe it lacks a way of set the
> symbology for the layers in the new map (qml?). I guess a legend for
> each map could be a good idea, hiding it at first and then showing
> it from a button. The legend of the new maps could be just to set
> the order of the layers and its properties (state, symbology, more?).
>
> I don't know what is the difference between this and the tabbed
> interface. Maybe the last could be to allow two different data sets
> on the same QGIS session.

Aaron also recently added a tabbed interface [1] to the Quantumnik
plugin [2]. In this plugin two tabs/mapCanvases are created (within
the same application window), one that renders layers normally using
the Qt renderer and another that uses Mapnik as the renderer, but more
tabs are possible. It does not allow splitting across monitors, but
that would be cool :)

Dane

[1] http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4003/4250859183_6432ebd96c.jpg
[2] http://bitbucket.org/springmeyer/quantumnik/