[Qgis-developer] sip compile error

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:25:12 EST 2010

Germán Carrillo wrote:
> I have the same trouble, I can't even use QGIS from binary packages after
> compiling SIP 4.10. Riverbank seems to delete previous SIP releases from the
> servers. Altough I did also compile PyQT 4.7 trying to fix it.

I managed to compile the latest qgis on ubuntu 9.04, but it certainly
was not straight forward. I addition to compiling sip I also had to
compile PyQt4 and PyQwt :-( My first reaction was to search for a ppa
offering binaries for these dependencies. Unfortunately I didn't find
them. It would be nice if we had a ppa for these dependencies like the
ubuntugis ppa. Any volunteers? :-)

Regards,

Craig