[Qgis-developer] Plugin specific maplayers

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 11:14:12 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Mathias Walker <mwa at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> I opened a ticket (https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2392) with an
> implementation of a plugin layer registry to support plugin specific layers.
> Also included is a basic sample plugin.
>
> We are now testing a plugin to render maplayers with OpenLayers, using this
> new functionality.

Mathias,

I've applied the patch, my changes are listed on the ticket page.
Thanks for the contribution.
Looking forward to see the OpenLayers layer! ...and MapServer layer :-)

Dane: you might be also interested in using this new functionality for
the Quantumnik plugin... From now one can avoid using the
renderComplete() signal to render map from other sources. Mapnik map
could be represented as a layer, allowing user to modify it directly
by showing layer properties or use more such layers at once...

Regards
Martin