[Qgis-developer] Compiling Qgis problem

GOO Creations goocreations at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 11:04:27 EDT 2010

Hi there!

I'm trying to compile/install Qgis (for development purposes) on my
EeePC laptop. Due to limited space on my laptop (only 4gb), I want the
qgis source code and the compiled application to run from a flash disk.
*I've compiled the source code directly on my laptop without any
problems*, but when I try to compile it from my flash drive I get the
following error at 24% (and sometimes 17%):

[ 24%] Building CXX object
src/core/CMakeFiles/qgis_core.dir/spatialindex/rtree/Statistics.cc.o
Linking CXX shared library libqgis_core.so
CMake Error: cmake_symlink_library: System Error: Operation not permitted
make[2]: *** [src/core/libqgis_core.so.1.5.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/core/CMakeFiles/qgis_core.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The source code is located on my flash drive
(/media/disk/dev/cpp/qgis/). I'm running Kubuntu 9.10 (fresh installation).
I've tried to compile as root and/or to mount the flash disk elsewhere,
without any success. Any ideas for what is causing the problem??

Thanks

Christoph