[Qgis-developer] Use qgis libraries in python scripts

Minja msiljegovic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 04:19:17 EDT 2010

Hi to all,

Im new in QGIS and I hope I choose right place to ask this question.

Im trying to create standalone python application that will use PyQT4
libraries and QGIS libriaries. I installed first python 3.1 and tested it in
console and Eclipse PyDev enviroment. It worked fine....then I installed
PyQt GPL v4.7.3 for Python 3.1, tested import of those libraries and
everything worked fine on both console and eclipse enviroment.

My next step was to try to use qgis libraries and I followed tutorial from
this site http://mapserver.sk/~wonder/qgis/html/intro.html to configure
enviroment variables for using PyQGIS in my standalone application. But when
I test "*from qgis.core import **" Im getting error message  "*from
qgis.core import *  ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure
could not be found*" all the time.

Here is how mine enviroment variables are set

*PYTHONPATH: *
C:\Python31\Lib\site-packages;C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-unstable\python;
*PATH: *
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-unstable;C:\Python31\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\bin;

I also tried with options to set following paths in
PATH C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-unstable\bin;C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-unstable\lib;

I read a lot about this on internet and forums, I also saw comments that I
should use python and PyQt installation that comes with QGIS(version 1.4.0)(
I tried that running *OSGeo4W shell* and it worked), but I think it would be
better to dont be dependent directly to OSGeo installation...I would like
only to use QGIS librarires same as it is happenning with PyQT4.

Do you have any idea what is causing this problem, and how I could override
this so I can develop my python application in eclipse only including QGIS
libraries.

Thanks for any help

Minja