[Qgis-developer] Plugin Georeference handle files with existing georeferencing information

Manuel Massing m.massing at warped-space.de
Tue Jul 13 06:01:43 EDT 2010

Hi John,

> I was hasty in my last response. I should have added that this was a raw
> tiff (no georeference) converted from a pdf map file.

In this case, it would be great if could you provide me with the .points file
(i.e. the file where GCP coordinates are stored) and the transform
parametrisation you used (e.g., linear, helmert, polynomial).

> I attempted to shift this to both an epsg 4326 file and an epsg 26911.
> Neither would correctly reference. Here is the gdalinfo output from the utm-
> based file. The origin is well to the west of where it should be. The utm
> coordinates in my project display accurately, so I'm not sure what occurred.

Have you ruled out  the possibility that the file uses a different projection
from the project settings (on-the-fly raster reprojection is not yet supported
in qgis, so this could cause a misalignment).

Regards,

	Manuel