[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.5 Branch is done - Call for Packaging

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Jul 17 18:55:10 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

On Sat, 17. Jul 2010 at 18:24:42 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> If you make a package please be so kind as to send me an email with details
> of where I can download the package. Please make sure the package is
> wgettable since I do not have the bandwidth to first download all packages to
> my home pc and then up again to the download server.

For Linux I updated my Launchpad ppa at [1] with packages for Ubuntu jaunty,
karmic, lucid and maverick.  For some reason only the i386 packages were build
and the amd64 build are still in the queue.

For Windows I created a OSGeo4W on our QGIS VM (while access to
upload.osgeo.org is restricted.  BTW I enabled the apache userdir module in the
process.

There are only two qgis packages left:  "qgis" is the current release 1.5 and
"qgis-dev" will be the nightly builds (currently not updated automatically).
Both contain QGIS including python and the grass plugin in a single package.
All other packages are not marked obsolete and upgrade to 1.5.  The express
install will also install 1.5.

he packages are available at [2]. To install from the mirror one need to call
this way:

osgeo4w-setup -s http://qgis.org/~jef/osgeo4w

Also available is a standalone installer from the same packages at [3].

Please test...

Jürgen

[1] https://launchpad.net/~jef-norbit/+archive/qgis-unstable-ubuntugis-jef/+packages
[2] http://qgis.org/~jef/osgeo4w
[3] http://qgis.org/~jef/QGIS-OSGeo4W-1.5.0-13926-Setup.exe

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden