[Qgis-developer] Render miniature rasters?

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 14:09:05 EDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:26:59 +0200
Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Are you thinking of placing the photo thumbnails based on their EXIF coordinates?
> This would be very useful, IMHO.
> In this case, I think you would need an EXIF provider.
> See also the Photo2Shape plugin.

Some time ago I've start to develop plugin that placed photo thumbnails
based on their EXIF coordinates on QGIS map canvas, also it can display
full photo when user clicks on thumbnail. I my work I've use custom map
canvas approach as in Martin's qgis-mapper (really cool and very usefull
project!).

I have many another ideas about improving this plugin but unfortunatelly
I don't have much time for implementing, even for debugging and releasing
plugin with only existing functions.

--
Alexander Bruy