[Qgis-developer] EXIF data providers

Peter Ersts ersts at amnh.org
Fri Jul 23 11:25:17 EDT 2010

This is a spin off of Homann's original thread " Render miniature rasters?"

We have a QGIS data provider already written that will take a directory
of images and treat it as a point layer based on the EXIF data. The EXIF
data is read only at this point but with minimal work it could be made
to be able to both read and write. We would be happy to pass this along
to anyone who wanted to use it as a base or spin off a new project from it.

I would like to suggest that all the folks working on or thinking about
developing new plugins for images and EXIF data have a group chat. I
would even be willing to try to coordinate this if there was interest.

-pete

--
Peter J. Ersts, Software Developer

Open Source,
...evolving through community cooperation to change the world bit by bit

Quantum GIS Raster Development Team.