[Qgis-developer] osgeo4w server?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jul 28 13:20:41 EDT 2010

Hi Paolo,

On Wed, 28. Jul 2010 at 18:43:15 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> AFAIK, the main osgeo4w server is still down, which means we do not have fresh
> packages for QGIS, as well as other sw.
> I think this is very unfortunate: are we going to do something about this?
> Should we set up an alternative host for download?

"We" already did.  As already mentioned in [1] there is a temporary, private
repository at [2].  It's still hosting the qgis 1.5 build and meanwhile also
receives nightly qgis builds again.

I expect access to (the real) download.osgeo.org to be restored eventually.
But I'm not sure who is working on that, what the obstacles are or when that
might happen...

Jürgen

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2010-July/010453.html
[2] http://qgis.org/~jef/osgeo4w

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden