[Qgis-developer] osgeo4w server?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jul 28 13:51:25 EDT 2010

On 07/28/2010 10:40 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 28/07/2010 19:20, Jürgen E. Fischer ha scritto:
>
>> "We" already did.
>
> I'm aware of this, thanks a lot!
>
>> I expect access to (the real) download.osgeo.org to be restored eventually.
>> But I'm not sure who is working on that, what the obstacles are or when that
>> might happen...
>
> Too bad. I do not consider this type of "service" as suitable for our infrastructure.
> Am I the only one? Too demanding?
> All the best.

After the hack incident we've been unable to get the blades back up due
to a networking glitch with the blade controller (A Solaris box I
believe, anyone with Solaris expertise would be welcome to help). We do
have a backup of download.osgeo.org running but because it is on our
backup host we are very wary of opening access/doing too much.

If you have another server you'd like to offer up to OSGeo for free use,
and can provide hardware support to I'm sure there'd be interest.

Restoring the server is at the top of the list, just not as easy as
anyone had hoped. Members of SAC do have access to add files to the
current server manually, so if there's something you really want to get
up let us know.

Thanks,
Alex