[Qgis-developer] Eric4, QScintilla and QGIS

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Thu Jul 29 05:23:54 EDT 2010

Hi.

I'm trying to work with Eric4 and QGIS. Eric4 integrates very well with PyQT but requires QScintilla2 and its python bindings. We can get this by installing PyQt [1] or by building QScintilla from scratch [2].

Problem is, I can't find PyQt binaries anymore at the same version used by QGIS (QT 4.5.2).
And no matter how hard I try I always fail to build QScintilla python bindings (tried Visual Studio 2008 and mingw32; several versions of Qscintilla)... problems arise at the final stage of nmaking the python bindings, with several C2440 errors (Conversion loses qualifiers) [3].

So as a last resort I'm asking the list if anyone can help...
...do you have a PyQt distribution that includes QScintilla and is on par with QGIS? Can you build QScintilla 2.2 or 2.3 using the same QGIS/OSGeo4W environment (v2.4 requires sip 4.10 and QGIS is using sip 4.8)?

The ideal situation would be to include Qscintilla in the  QGIS building process... but this may be to much to ask?

Thanks,
Duarte

[1] http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Downloads/PyQt4/PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.7.4-1.exe
[2] http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/QScintilla2/index.html
[3] error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert f rom 'const char *' to 'char *'