[Qgis-developer] Preparing to announce the release for QGIS 1.5

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Jul 29 17:44:58 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

On Thu, 29. Jul 2010 at 18:38:49 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Today I wrote up the visual changelog (http://blog.qgis.org/node/145
> you may need special permissions to see it) and updated the new
> download page at:
>
> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Download

Some notes:
- Why is the LTS version still mentioned?  I think that's the main source of
  confusion.  We should drop that altogether or simply just mention it
  separately as special edition for enterprises or something - stale and
  stable ;).  The current release should be the recommended version for normal
  use and should not be spoiled by the LTS version.
- We don't support the current release?
- The releases (and dates) should be described in one section and not for each
  platform.
- The standalone windows installer is also based on the OSGeo4W packages and
  includes GRASS.  ECW & MrSID support is not included - just like in the
  OSGeo4W packages.
- I don't think we need to mention MSVC.  There currently is no other build
  anyway.
- The ubuntu packages from my ppa will be moved to ubuntugis on release.
- I'll asked Frank Warmerdam to update the "real" osgeo4w repository on
  release.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden