[Qgis-developer] Qt development on Gnome

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 15:27:50 EDT 2010

Hi,
I would like to ask if somebody is using Gnome desktop for
using/developing QGIS and plugins?
I don't want to make any KDE/Gnome flame war. My company is using KDE
desktop since Debian Etch. Now using KDE 3.5 on Lenny and it fits our
needs really well.
Currently we are making decision, what kind of desktop to use when
Debian Squeeze will come out and we are not very excited of KDE 4. I
think, Gnome will be our choice. Question is, if we are not going to
loose some quality in terms of Qt and QGIS ?

I have one example: I was trying to create some UI dialog in Qt
Creator in Gnome and I had strong feeling, that the widget look was
still really different than in KDE (also in preview). So, how can I be
sure, that UI  dialog will be OK in KDE or in windows. Also QGIS
widgets and look and feel is quite different, so I can not make any
serious tests.

What is Your point of view ?

Thanks
Ivan