[Qgis-developer] Re: GdalTools versions

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 07:41:02 EDT 2010

This my paths:

*['/usr/local/share/qgis/python', '/home/brushtyler/.qgis/python',
'/home/brushtyler/.qgis/python/plugins',
'/usr/local/share/qgis/python/plugins', ... ]*

exactly as Jürgen saw.

BTW, utils.py at line 81 contains this:
*plugindirs = [
    unicode(QgsApplication.pkgDataPath()) + "/python/plugins",
    unicode(QgsApplication.qgisSettingsDirPath()) + "/python/plugins"
  ]*
So it searches for plugins in /usr and after in ~/.qgis, but
add a plugin to the list only if not already present.

Cheers.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Borys Jurgiel <borysiasty at aster.pl> wrote:

> Dnia poniedziałek, 7 czerwca 2010 o 11:34:23 Jürgen E. Fischer napisał(a):
> > Hi Borys,
> >
> > On Mon, 07. Jun 2010 at 11:09:21 +0200, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> > > Seems they aren't really preffered. It works at mine, but Giuseppe
> always
> > > see the /usr ones. It's all about python paths, I'm right? I can't see
> > > any code preferring the ~/ ones in Qgis.
> >
> > QgsPythonUtilsImpl::initPython() puts
> >
> > pythonPath()          [/usr/share/qgis/python]
> > ~/.qgis/python
> > ~/.qgis/python/plugins
> > pluginsPath()         [/usr/share/qgis/python/plugins]
> >
> > in front of the system's python path.  I think that's Martin meant.
> > imports will prefer the user plugins.
>
> Exactly. Giuseppe, can you check your paths?
>
> > But utils.py searches for available plugins first the system plugins and
> > then the user plugins, but AFAICS that shouldn't make a difference.
>
> Exactly, it creates only a list of module names.

Giuseppe Sucameli